We’re launching a public wiki that will allow researchers, historians, archivists, and citizen archivists to create pages on records or themes.
We need your ideas and enthusiasm to make the wiki a success. Please join us for the first organizing meeting at the National Archives Building in Washington, DC, on Friday, May 7th from 1-2 PM in room G-24.
Our agenda will include
- Welcome and overview of project
- Sharing ideas for possible pages and stubs people would like to create
- A video on wikis from Common Craft video
- A demonstration of UK Archives Your Archives wiki and the American Historical Association’s Archives wiki
- A demonstration of Wikispaces
- Next steps
If you aren’t able to join us in person, please email us at email@example.com and we will send you the information to call into the meeting. Minutes from the meeting and other information about the Archives wiki will be on our planning wiki.
We will be having a follow up meeting on May 19th at 1 pm in lecture room E at Archives II in College Park.